FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield Police are looking for three suspects who robbed the Fairfield County Credit Union on Black Rock Turnpike on Monday afternoon, Jan. 27.
Police say that the three suspects arrived at the credit union in a blue, 1996 Buick Century 4-door that was later found to be stolen from Trumbull Avenue in Bridgeport that morning.
Of the three men, one stayed in the car, while the other two went into the credit union. One showed a handgun and demanded money from the teller. He took an undisclosed amount of cash before the three fled on Black Rock Turnpike towards I-95.
The car has Connecticut plates 136-XYB, and has not yet been recovered.
Descriptions of the suspects were incomplete.
Officers from surrounding towns were notified through the State Police Hot Line. Fairfield Detectives processed the scene at the bank, interviewed bank employees and witnesses. There were no injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Fairfield Detective Bureau at 203-254-4800.
- 1 Fairfield Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Fairfield; Blizzard Warning Issued