FAIRFIELD, Conn. - When Fairfield officers stopped a woman suspected of stealing a T-shirt from the local Kohl's, they discovered she had a purse filled with items stolen from another mall, police said.
Loss prevention agents at Kohl's in Fairfield attempted to stop Haniyyah Davis, 21, of Bridgeport, after she put a red T-shirt, valued at $20, into her purse and left without paying SUnday afternoon, according to a police report. The agents told officers that Davis left with another woman in a Nissan Maxima, police said.
Officers stopped the car about 200 yards from the store, police said. Agents identified Davis as the woman who took the shirt and got into the car, police said.
Officers interviewed Davis, who initially denied taking the shirt, police said. But she eventually admitted she had taken it, police said. When officers checked the car, they looked in her black purse and found an additional seven items, including perfume and clothes, valued at $109, police said.
Davis told police she had taken those items from a store at the Connecticut Post Mall in Milford, police said.
She was charged with larceny by possession and sixth-degree larceny. She was released on $100 bond and is due at Bridgeport Superior Court on Aug. 14. The stolen items from Connecticut Post Mall were referred to the Milford Police.
- 1 Fairfield Student Reported Missing At Rochester Institute Of Technology
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Police: Fairfield Student Found With 11 Grams Of Psychedelic Mushrooms
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Police: Fairfield Woman Who Crashed Car Into Garage Was Drunk