FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Nearly 100 teenagers fled a house on Hunyadi Road on Friday night before Fairfield officers arrested a parent on alcohol charges after police received complaints about a large party, police said.
When officers arrived at the house, they heard loud music, saw underage drinking, cars parked up and down the street and smelled a strong odor of marijuana, police said. About 50 to 100 teenagers fled the house after officers arrived on the scene, police said.
An officer approached one teenager, who said it was a party for his 18th birthday and who said his mother was in the house, police said. She told officers she had given the group a talk about not having alcohol at the party and said she was unaware marijuana was being used, police said.
She was issued a misdemeanor summons on a charge of permitting minors to have alcohol and was released with a court date of April 1.
Officers also charged a 16-year-old boy with possession of alcohol by a minor after seven cans of beer were found hidden in his clothes, police said. He fled before officers could arrest him, but he was found a short time later at his home in Bridgeport, police said.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Injured Driver Pulled From Early Morning Wreck In Fairfield
- 3 Tree Worker Injured After More Than 40-Foot Fall In Fairfield
- 4 Police: Fairfield Man Charged With Assaulting Mother's Boyfriend, 66
- 5 Waterbury Woman Killed By Train In Fairfield Identified