FAIRFIELD, Conn. - While on patrol, a Fairfield police officer saw one man who was amid a group of several hundred college students take a pack of newspapers and throw them across Reef Road on Sunday afternoon.
According to the police report, nearly 300 college students were walking up Reef Road toward Veterans Park when one male student took the newspapers and threw them, scattering the paper on the southbound side of Reef Road and onto a front yard.
The officer stopped the student and asked why he threw the newspapers, police said. The man said a friend told him to do it, police said.
The student was charged with littering and paid a $219 fine for the cleanup, which began shortly after he was charged.
- 1 Fairfield Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Fairfield; Blizzard Warning Issued