FAIRFIELD, Conn. - While on patrol, a Fairfield police officer saw one man who was amid a group of several hundred college students take a pack of newspapers and throw them across Reef Road on Sunday afternoon.
According to the police report, nearly 300 college students were walking up Reef Road toward Veterans Park when one male student took the newspapers and threw them, scattering the paper on the southbound side of Reef Road and onto a front yard.
The officer stopped the student and asked why he threw the newspapers, police said. The man said a friend told him to do it, police said.
The student was charged with littering and paid a $219 fine for the cleanup, which began shortly after he was charged.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Rain, Thunderstorms Could Be Coming To Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 4 NY Times Details Watch Obsession Of Fairfield's John Mayer
- 5 Chemicals In Pizza Boxes, Cell Phones Pose Risk, Scientists Say