FAIRFIELD, Conn. - While on patrol, a Fairfield police officer saw one man who was amid a group of several hundred college students take a pack of newspapers and throw them across Reef Road on Sunday afternoon.
According to the police report, nearly 300 college students were walking up Reef Road toward Veterans Park when one male student took the newspapers and threw them, scattering the paper on the southbound side of Reef Road and onto a front yard.
The officer stopped the student and asked why he threw the newspapers, police said. The man said a friend told him to do it, police said.
The student was charged with littering and paid a $219 fine for the cleanup, which began shortly after he was charged.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 3 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light