FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Fairfield woman was accused of assaulting a 15-year-old boy during an argument Monday afternoon. The woman was accused of striking the teenager in the head with a dumbbell, police say.
Staff members in the emergency room at Bridgeport Hospital called police to report a 15-year-old in the hospital receiving treatment for a one-inch cut on his head, according to police reports. The teenager told officers that Patricia Reyes, 19, of Carthage Street had punched him in the head while holding a five-pound weight during an argument, according to the police report.
Reyes was charged with risk of injury to a minor and second-degree assault, both felonies, and disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor. She was released after posting a $5,000 bond, and is due in Bridgeport Superior Court on Tuesday.
During her arrest Reyes told officers that the boy had shoved her in the face during the dispute, according to the police report. The 15-year-old Fairfield resident was charged with disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor, and released at the scene. He is due in Juvenile Court on Tuesday.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 4 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 5 Snow Flurries, Hail Fall In Fairfield; Patchy Frost Likely Overnight