FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Fairfield woman was accused of assaulting a 15-year-old boy during an argument Monday afternoon. The woman was accused of striking the teenager in the head with a dumbbell, police say.
Staff members in the emergency room at Bridgeport Hospital called police to report a 15-year-old in the hospital receiving treatment for a one-inch cut on his head, according to police reports. The teenager told officers that Patricia Reyes, 19, of Carthage Street had punched him in the head while holding a five-pound weight during an argument, according to the police report.
Reyes was charged with risk of injury to a minor and second-degree assault, both felonies, and disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor. She was released after posting a $5,000 bond, and is due in Bridgeport Superior Court on Tuesday.
During her arrest Reyes told officers that the boy had shoved her in the face during the dispute, according to the police report. The 15-year-old Fairfield resident was charged with disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor, and released at the scene. He is due in Juvenile Court on Tuesday.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 3 Norwalk-Based Soccer Team Plays In Quarterfinals Of U.S. Tourney
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Fairfield
- 5 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place