FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A Fairfield woman was arrested Tuesday afternoon on disorderly conduct charges after her husband called police with concerns about her behavior, police said.
Fairfield police were contacted by the New York City Police Department on Tuesday afternoon. The New York City police said they had received a call from a concerned husband, who said his wife was behaving oddly.
After a phone argument with her husband, 46-year-old Helen Welch of Fairfield threw her phone at a drinking glass in front of her 11-year-old son, shattering it and injuring her hand, police said.
A police investigation of the call history in the house found that this wasn't the first call of this type, and police notified the Department of Children and Families.
Welch was charged disorderly conduct and released for evaluation to St. Vincent's Hospital with a court date of Wednesday, April 30.
- 1 Police Charge Fairfield Man With Interfering With Officer, DUI After Crash
- 2 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 3 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 4 Fairfield Couple Opens Up New Cheese Shop In Greenwich
- 5 3 Men Plead Guilty To Kidnapping, Jewelry Store Robbery In Fairfield