FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A Fairfield woman was arrested Tuesday afternoon on disorderly conduct charges after her husband called police with concerns about her behavior, police said.
Fairfield police were contacted by the New York City Police Department on Tuesday afternoon. The New York City police said they had received a call from a concerned husband, who said his wife was behaving oddly.
After a phone argument with her husband, 46-year-old Helen Welch of Fairfield threw her phone at a drinking glass in front of her 11-year-old son, shattering it and injuring her hand, police said.
A police investigation of the call history in the house found that this wasn't the first call of this type, and police notified the Department of Children and Families.
Welch was charged disorderly conduct and released for evaluation to St. Vincent's Hospital with a court date of Wednesday, April 30.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Woman Killed By Amtrak Train In Milford
- 4 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire