FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield police were called to the Super Stop & Shop on Kings Highway Cutoff after loss prevention agents stopped a woman accused of attempting to steal over $150 in health and beauty supplies.
According to the report, 53-year-old Carman Saldago of Bridgeport, had put $156 of health and beauty items in the bottom of her cart and continued shopping.
She then went to the self-checkout and paid for some of the items in her cart, putting the bag of purchased items on top of the health and beauty items, loss prevention agents told Fairfield police.
Saldago was stopped outside the store and she told loss prevention and police that she hadn't intentionally stolen the items but had forgotten they were in the bottom of her cart.
She was charged by police with sixth-degree larceny and released on a promise to appear in court later this month.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 3 Man Found Dead In Car At Fairfield Elks Club
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You Lots Of Money