FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Bridgeport man was arrested on assault charges after getting into an argument with family members over money Sunday evening, Fairfield police said.
Fairfield officers received a call that there had been a fight between two family members at a home on Campfield Drive, police said.
The victim told police that Mark Capozziello, 58, had attempted to manipulate an elderly family member for money. When the victim attempted to intervene, Capozziello grabbed her by the arms and pushed her against the wall, causing a neck injury, police said.
He had left the home before officers arrived, but they later located him in Bridgeport and took him into custody, police said.
Capozziello had a glass pipe commonly used to smoke crack cocaine in his possession when he was arrested, police said.
He was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, disorderly conduct and third-degree assault. He held on $5,000 bond and given a court date of Jan. 26. He was told not to return to two houses on Campfield Drive.
- 1 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 5 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders