FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Six cars were involved and four people hospitalized after a crash at a gas station at the end of Exit 24 of Interstate 95 south in Fairfield on Monday night, Fairfield police said in a post on Facebook.
The accident occurred at the Cumberland Farms at 975 Kings Highway E., police said. It happened just before 9 p.m. Monday.
"The preliminary investigation indicates a vehicle came off I-95 at Exit 24 at a high rate of speed and continued into the gas station, striking several vehicles and ultimately the building," Fairfield police said.
Four people were transported to area hospitals. The extent of their injuries was unknown, police said.
Accident investigators were still on the scene late Monday, police said.
The highway ramp and roadway were reportedly closed late Monday.
Come back to the Daily Voice for more information on this crash.
- 1 Fairfield Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Fairfield; Blizzard Warning Issued