FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Trumbull woman was accused of stealing checks from a Fairfield patient while working as a home-health aide, according to police reports.
The victim told police that two checks were stolen from the Fairfield home last year. One was cashed for $644 and the other for $649, according to police reports.
The company that manages the victim’s home-health aides told investigators that Sasha Garcia, 22, was fired for similar thefts in Westport and Bridgeport, police say. Officers interviewed her while in police custody for larceny charges, and she admitted to the Fairfield theft, according to the arrest report.
Garcia was charged with sixth-degree larceny, a misdemeanor. She is due on court for a hearing on Feb. 12.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Woman Killed By Amtrak Train In Milford
- 4 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire