FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Trumbull woman was accused of stealing checks from a Fairfield patient while working as a home-health aide, according to police reports.
The victim told police that two checks were stolen from the Fairfield home last year. One was cashed for $644 and the other for $649, according to police reports.
The company that manages the victim’s home-health aides told investigators that Sasha Garcia, 22, was fired for similar thefts in Westport and Bridgeport, police say. Officers interviewed her while in police custody for larceny charges, and she admitted to the Fairfield theft, according to the arrest report.
Garcia was charged with sixth-degree larceny, a misdemeanor. She is due on court for a hearing on Feb. 12.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Police Track Down Suspect After Southport Residents Interrupt Home Burglary
- 3 Happy Birthday To Fairfield’s Tina Weymouth
- 4 Fairfield Police Charge Bridgeport Man With Stealing From Grandparents
- 5 Fairfield Selectmen Approve New $6.2 Million Penfield Project