FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Trumbull woman was accused of stealing checks from a Fairfield patient while working as a home-health aide, according to police reports.
The victim told police that two checks were stolen from the Fairfield home last year. One was cashed for $644 and the other for $649, according to police reports.
The company that manages the victim’s home-health aides told investigators that Sasha Garcia, 22, was fired for similar thefts in Westport and Bridgeport, police say. Officers interviewed her while in police custody for larceny charges, and she admitted to the Fairfield theft, according to the arrest report.
Garcia was charged with sixth-degree larceny, a misdemeanor. She is due on court for a hearing on Feb. 12.
- 1 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 2 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 5 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders