FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A small kitchen fire was reported at Southport’s S&S Dugout restaurant early Wednesday morning, officials said.
No one was hurt in the restaurant or the apartments above, according to Fairfield Fire Department officials.
Reports of a stove on fire at the Post Road restaurant came in to the Fairfield Fire Department at about 5 a.m. Wednesday. The fire was contained to the kitchen, but smoke spread to other areas of the restaurant and apartments on the building’s second floor, the fire department said.
Restaurant staff and four residents were evacuated and evaluated by paramedics at the scene, officials said. No injuries were reported, and the homes were cleared for the residents to return within an hour.
S&S Dugout was closed temporarily Wednesday morning while building and health department officials inspected the damage. The restaurant is expected to reopen Wednesday afternoon.