FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A New York man was charged with harassing a Fairfield woman over the past month, according to police reports.
The victim told police her ex-husband had been sending e-mails and leaving threatening messages despite a court order prohibiting contact, police say. Officers told Kurt Sassenberg, 48, of Red Hook, N.Y., to stop the threats, but he ignored police orders, according to the arrest report.
The woman also told police about a series of vandalism cases at her home over the past month, including damage to a patio table, a floodlight, a birdhouse and a mailbox. Sassenberg was not seen doing the damage, but he is a suspect, police say.
Sassenberg was arrested Thursday and charged with second-degree harassment, a misdemeanor. His bond was set at $7,500, and he was due in court Friday morning.
- 1 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 5 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders