FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Shelton man was charged with shoplifting more than $200 worth of baby formula at a Fairfield store, police said.
An employee at CVS Pharmacy on Black Rock Turnpike told police that a white man and a white woman placed 10 bottles of baby formula in a bag and left without paying, according to the police report. When stopped at the door, the two dropped the bag and ran south on Black Rock Turnpike, police said.
Warren Laughner, 41, of Shelton, was found walking on Black Rock Turnpike nearby with a woman, according to the police report. The store manager identified him as the suspect, according to police.
Laughner was charged with sixth-degree larceny, a misdemeanor. He was released on a promise to appear in court and assigned a hearing date of Nov. 26.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 3 Norwalk-Based Soccer Team Plays In Quarterfinals Of U.S. Tourney
- 4 Fairfield Tree Calls It Quits, Damages House And Car
- 5 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7