FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Shelton man was charged with shoplifting more than $200 worth of baby formula at a Fairfield store, police said.
An employee at CVS Pharmacy on Black Rock Turnpike told police that a white man and a white woman placed 10 bottles of baby formula in a bag and left without paying, according to the police report. When stopped at the door, the two dropped the bag and ran south on Black Rock Turnpike, police said.
Warren Laughner, 41, of Shelton, was found walking on Black Rock Turnpike nearby with a woman, according to the police report. The store manager identified him as the suspect, according to police.
Laughner was charged with sixth-degree larceny, a misdemeanor. He was released on a promise to appear in court and assigned a hearing date of Nov. 26.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Fairfield Gas Station Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Help ID'ing Suspect
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 4 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview