FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Hamden man was charged in the theft of copper from a Fairfield Beach Road home Tuesday, police say.
A construction worker in the area told police that he saw a man go onto the Fairfield Beach Road property and load a section of copper pipe and wiring into a pickup truck before driving away, according to the police report. The house was currently undergoing repairs after Hurricane Sandy, police say.
Officers stopped a truck near the intersection of Reef Road and Oldfield Road that fit the description, with copper in the truck bed, police say.
Eric Gaul, 32, of Hamden, was a passenger in the truck, and was identified by the witness as the suspect, according to the arrest report.
He was charged with sixth-degree larceny and criminal trespassing, both misdemeanors. He was released on a promise to appear in court, and assigned a hearing date of Jan. 7.
- 1 Fairfield Student Reported Missing At Rochester Institute Of Technology
- 2 Details Emerge, But Questions Remain In Harrison Double Murder-Suicide
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Police: Fairfield Student Found With 11 Grams Of Psychedelic Mushrooms
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation