FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Hamden man was charged in the theft of copper from a Fairfield Beach Road home Tuesday, police say.
A construction worker in the area told police that he saw a man go onto the Fairfield Beach Road property and load a section of copper pipe and wiring into a pickup truck before driving away, according to the police report. The house was currently undergoing repairs after Hurricane Sandy, police say.
Officers stopped a truck near the intersection of Reef Road and Oldfield Road that fit the description, with copper in the truck bed, police say.
Eric Gaul, 32, of Hamden, was a passenger in the truck, and was identified by the witness as the suspect, according to the arrest report.
He was charged with sixth-degree larceny and criminal trespassing, both misdemeanors. He was released on a promise to appear in court, and assigned a hearing date of Jan. 7.
- 1 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 2 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Fairfield
- 3 Man Gets 14 Years In Prison For Fairfield Jewelry Store Robbery, Kidnapping
- 4 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 5 Fairfield Native Takes Star Turn In 'Little Shop Of Horrors'