FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Shelton man was charged with damaging the bathroom of a Fairfield gas station while intoxicated early Tuesday morning, police say.
Avdi Rugova, 19, was charged with breach of the peace, second-degree criminal mischief and interfering with police, all misdemeanors. He was held in lieu of a $1,000 bond and is due in court Jan. 15.
Rugova jumped from a slowly-moving car on I-95 near Exit 24 and walked down the ramp, according to police reports. At the Cumberland Farms gas station near the exit, he damaged the handicap railing and tiles in the men’s room, police say.
When officers arrived, he struggled with police, trying to break more objects in the store, according to the arrest report. He was eventually taken to Fairfield Police headquarters.
- 1 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 2 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 4 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 5 3 Men Plead Guilty To Kidnapping, Jewelry Store Robbery In Fairfield