FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Shelton man was charged with damaging the bathroom of a Fairfield gas station while intoxicated early Tuesday morning, police say.
Avdi Rugova, 19, was charged with breach of the peace, second-degree criminal mischief and interfering with police, all misdemeanors. He was held in lieu of a $1,000 bond and is due in court Jan. 15.
Rugova jumped from a slowly-moving car on I-95 near Exit 24 and walked down the ramp, according to police reports. At the Cumberland Farms gas station near the exit, he damaged the handicap railing and tiles in the men’s room, police say.
When officers arrived, he struggled with police, trying to break more objects in the store, according to the arrest report. He was eventually taken to Fairfield Police headquarters.
- 1 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 5 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders