FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Bridgeport man was charged with stealing more than $3,200 worth of jewelry from a Fairfield home, according to police reports.
A Black Rock Turnpike resident reported the items had gone missing Aug. 25. Investigators tracked the theft to the boyfriend of a babysitter hired by the family, according to police reports.
Fairfield police filed an arrest warrant for Zeequan Groves, 20, of Bridgeport. Groves was arrested on burglary charges in Stratford earlier this month, and he was served his Fairfield arrest warrant while he still was in police custody Wednesday.
Police charged Groves with third-degree larceny, a felony, and he was held on a $25,000 bond. He pleaded not guilty in court Wednesday.
- 1 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 4 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 5 Fairfield Could See Storms As Weekend Wraps Up