FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Bridgeport man was charged with stealing more than $3,200 worth of jewelry from a Fairfield home, according to police reports.
A Black Rock Turnpike resident reported the items had gone missing Aug. 25. Investigators tracked the theft to the boyfriend of a babysitter hired by the family, according to police reports.
Fairfield police filed an arrest warrant for Zeequan Groves, 20, of Bridgeport. Groves was arrested on burglary charges in Stratford earlier this month, and he was served his Fairfield arrest warrant while he still was in police custody Wednesday.
Police charged Groves with third-degree larceny, a felony, and he was held on a $25,000 bond. He pleaded not guilty in court Wednesday.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Fairfield Skies On Sunday
- 2 Bridgeport House Painter Charged In Burglary Of Fairfield Home
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact Fairfield On Wednesday
- 4 Fairfield Police Chief MacNamara Injured After Squad Car Is Rear-Ended
- 5 Police: Chief MacNamara, Baby OK After Three-Car Crash In Fairfield