FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- After receiving a tip, Fairfield police arrested a Bridgeport man early Wednesday morning, June 18, in connection with three shoplifting incidents at the Home Depot in November.
Police report that Jesus Ortiz, 22 of Bridgeport, was found at a house in Bridgeport at 2:30 a.m. and was arrested on a warrant for sixth-degree larceny.
On Nov. 1, 2013, Ortiz allegedly had been identified on store security videos going into the store three times that day filling a shopping cart and leaving without making any attempts to pay.
Loss prevention agents stopped Ortiz the third time he was leaving the store.
Ortiz was charged with sixth-degree larceny and released on a $1,000 bond with a court date of Monday, June 30.
- 1 Construction Worker Shot To Death At Road Work Site In Bridgeport
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Fairfield
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Suspect In Custody In Shooting Death Of Bridgeport Construction Worker
- 5 Fairfield's Maisel Family Holds Memorial Service For Missing Son, Max