FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Bridgeport man was accused of skipping out on a $45 cab fare in Fairfield on Sunday, according to police reports.
The cab driver told police that he brought a customer from Charles Street in Bridgeport to the Bear and Grill on Black Rock Turnpike in Fairfield to pick up a check, police say. After he did not return, the driver checked inside and found that the customer had walked out the back door, according to the police report.
Ovideo Mendoza Robles, 35, of Bridgeport was arrested at his home on Charles Street later that day. He was charged with sixth-degree larceny, a misdemeanor, and released on a promise to appear in court. His hearing is scheduled for Dec. 19.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting
- 3 Fairfield Bear Cub Is Adjusting To New Home In The Wild
- 4 Fairfield Police Assist In Tracking Down Shoplifting Suspects In Westport
- 5 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run