FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Bridgeport man was accused of skipping out on a $45 cab fare in Fairfield on Sunday, according to police reports.
The cab driver told police that he brought a customer from Charles Street in Bridgeport to the Bear and Grill on Black Rock Turnpike in Fairfield to pick up a check, police say. After he did not return, the driver checked inside and found that the customer had walked out the back door, according to the police report.
Ovideo Mendoza Robles, 35, of Bridgeport was arrested at his home on Charles Street later that day. He was charged with sixth-degree larceny, a misdemeanor, and released on a promise to appear in court. His hearing is scheduled for Dec. 19.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Gas Station Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Help ID'ing Suspect
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Fairfield
- 5 United Illuminating Repairs Power Outages In Fairfield After Storm