FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A Bridgeport man turned himself in to Fairfield police late Tuesday night on two arrests warrants in shoplifting cases from January and February.
According to the police report, Vincent Colavito, 24, was charged with two counts of sixth-degree larceny and conspiracy to commit sixth-degree larceny.
On Jan. 29, Colavito went into the Stop & Shop on Villa Avenue to return $30 worth of Dove Men's Moisturizer, police said. He was later seen on camera taking the same items off the shelves in the cosmetics aisle and putting them in his jacket, police said.
He quickly fled the building and security was unable to catch him, police said.
On Feb. 18, Colavito took $489.95 in cameras from BJ's Wholesale Food Club, police said. Colavito and another man were seen on surveillance video taking three cameras, Nikon and Cannon, from their boxes and leaving the store with the merchandise, police said.
Colavito was released from custody on a written promise to appear in court May 14 for both cases.
- 1 7 Fairfield Elementary Schools Listed Among Top 100 In State
- 2 Police: Fairfield Dad Drove Drunk After Taking His Kids Sledding
- 3 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 4 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Fairfield; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 5 Fairfield's High Schools Ranked Among Connecticut's Best