FAIRFIELD, Conn. – An Easton man was arrested on drug charges and nine separate warrants after he was found asleep behind the wheel of a running car in Fairfield, according to police reports.
A witness called police to report a suspicious car parked at Home and Colony streets early Tuesday. Officers found Matthew Gromiller, 41, asleep in the driver’s seat, police say. The car was running and in drive, according to the police report.
Gromiller admitted having bags of marijuana, crack-cocaine and a pipe in his pocket and the car’s center console, police say. Records also showed nine active warrants for his arrest for missing court dates and failing to pay fines, according to the arrest report. Gromiller had missed court appearances on drug and motor vehicle charges in Fairfield, Easton, Bridgeport and Stratford, according to state judicial records.
He was charged with possession of narcotics, marijuana and drug paraphernalia in Tuesday’s incident, as well as added charges for his proximity to Pumpkin Preschool. He was also charged with eight counts of failure to appear in court and one count of failure to pay an infraction. He was held on total bond of $116,950 and is due in court Jan. 4.
- 1 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 2 Fairfield's Plan B Burger Is Finally Ready To Open Its Doors
- 3 Police: Mercedes-Benz Of Fairfield Sees Rash Of Car Thefts
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 5 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station