FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A motorcyclist died in a collision on the Merritt Parkway in Fairfield on Friday night.
The male driver crashed while traveling north on the highway just before exit 44 near the Fairfield-Westport border just before midnight, according to Asst. Fire Chief Scott Bisson. He was taken to St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport for treatment of serious injuries, but did not survive, Bisson said.
The victim's identity was not released Saturday morning, pending notification of his family. Connecticut State Police are investigating the cause of the accident.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Heavy Rain Headed To Fairfield, Thunderstorms Possible
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director