FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A motorcyclist died in a collision on the Merritt Parkway in Fairfield on Friday night.
The male driver crashed while traveling north on the highway just before exit 44 near the Fairfield-Westport border just before midnight, according to Asst. Fire Chief Scott Bisson. He was taken to St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport for treatment of serious injuries, but did not survive, Bisson said.
The victim's identity was not released Saturday morning, pending notification of his family. Connecticut State Police are investigating the cause of the accident.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 3 Injured Driver Pulled From Early Morning Wreck In Fairfield
- 4 Tree Worker Injured After More Than 40-Foot Fall In Fairfield
- 5 Police: Fairfield Man Charged With Assaulting Mother's Boyfriend, 66