FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A motorcyclist died in a collision on the Merritt Parkway in Fairfield on Friday night.
The male driver crashed while traveling north on the highway just before exit 44 near the Fairfield-Westport border just before midnight, according to Asst. Fire Chief Scott Bisson. He was taken to St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport for treatment of serious injuries, but did not survive, Bisson said.
The victim's identity was not released Saturday morning, pending notification of his family. Connecticut State Police are investigating the cause of the accident.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Woman Killed By Amtrak Train In Milford
- 4 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire