FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A motorcyclist died in a collision on the Merritt Parkway in Fairfield on Friday night.
The male driver crashed while traveling north on the highway just before exit 44 near the Fairfield-Westport border just before midnight, according to Asst. Fire Chief Scott Bisson. He was taken to St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport for treatment of serious injuries, but did not survive, Bisson said.
The victim's identity was not released Saturday morning, pending notification of his family. Connecticut State Police are investigating the cause of the accident.
- 1 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Thousands Charged To Fairfield Woman's Stolen Credit Cards
- 4 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say