FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A man riding a motorcycle without a license plate who sped away from Fairfield police officers just after midnight Sunday died after a crash a few minutes later in Bridgeport, police said.
A Fairfield police officer on routine patrol spotted the motorcycle without a license plate on Kings Highway East at Jennings Road and attempted to stop him, police said.
When the officer attempted to follow the motorcycle, the driver accelerated away from the patrol car, according to police.
When the officer caught up with the motorcycle a short distance away on North Avenue, he found there had been an accident involving the motorcyclist, police said.
The officer immediately contacted emergency medical personnel and began first aid, police said. The ambulance took the motorcyclist to the emergency room at St. Vincent's Hospital for further treatment.
Police say 23-year-old Bridgeport resident Arthur Deandrade-Leao died at the hospital of the injuries sustained in the crash.
- 1 Rain, Thunderstorms Could Be Coming To Fairfield
- 2 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 3 Larry King Predicts New Canaan's Brian Williams May Get Talk Show
- 4 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 5 NY Times Details Watch Obsession Of Fairfield's John Mayer