FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Several members of The Edge Fitness in Fairfield reported items stolen while they were at the center over the weekend, police said.
Three cars were reportedly tampered with or broken into were on Sunday evening in separate incidents, police reported.
One person told police her wallet, containing $80 in cash and credit cards, had been taken from her car's glove compartment. She told officers she had locked her car, but there were no signs of forced entry, police said.
Another person reported that his car door had been tampered with but nothing was taken, police said.
A man said his iPhone 4S had been taken from his car, but he was unsure whether he had locked the doors, police said.
When reviewing security tapes, officers saw a white car, possibly an older model Honda, driving slowly through the lot before parking on the far east side, police said. A possible suspect got out of the car before leaving the view of the cameras, police said.
On Friday afternoon, a gym member reported that his phone had been stolen from the men's bathroom on Jan. 8, police said. He told police he had turned on the tracking application and it showed the phone was still at the Edge, but on Jan. 9 the device was showing that the phone was located in Bridgeport.
- 1 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 2 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 4 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 5 3 Men Plead Guilty To Kidnapping, Jewelry Store Robbery In Fairfield