FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was sent to the hospital for "extreme intoxication" after he was seen driving recklessly on Grasmere Avenue in Fairfield on Sunday afternoon, police said.
Shortly after 3 p.m., an officer witnessed a man pass a car on the left and drive over the double yellow lines, police said. When the officer attempted to stop the car, the driver took off, police said.
The officer found the driver, Christopher Webster, 33, of Norwalk, in the parking lot of Whole Foods a short time later and charged him with driving under the influence and reckless driving, police said.
Webster was released on a promise to appear in court on April 15 and was immediately taken to Bridgeport Hospital by emergency medical personnel to be treated for his high level of intoxication.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Dies Of Injuries
- 2 Mill Plain Road Railroad Overpass In Fairfield Closed, Hit By Truck
- 3 Fairfield Man Committed After Dousing Himself, Home In Gasoline
- 4 Ranking Of Fairfield Warde High Among Best Schools Tops Week’s News
- 5 Foundation Changes Name, Redesigns Logo To Focus On Fairfield County