FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Loss prevention agents at Kohls Department Store in Fairfield stopped a Bridgeport woman from reportedly stealing $862 in items.
Yazmin Hechavarria, 26, reportedly came into the store with her 7-year-old daughter and began to fill her cart with items from the jewelry and children’s department.
While in the store, the loss prevention agents watched Hechavarria as she reportedly took tags off items and put them into the cart. According to the report, Hechavarria put on boots and a jacket, and gave her daughter a Barbie doll.
Before leaving the store, Hechavarria paid for $200 in items, but did not attempt to pay for the $862 in other items.
Fairfield police charged Hechavarria with larceny in the fifth degree and risk of injury to a minor. She was held on a $2,500 bond and released with a court date of Oct. 21.
- 1 Fairfield Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Fairfield Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Fairfield; Blizzard Warning Issued