FAIRFIELD, Conn. - After stopping a car with its tail lights out early Saturday, a Fairfield police officer smelled marijuana and found a BB gun in the glove compartment, police said.
Corey Sparks, 19, of Bridgeport, said he would cooperate fully after the officer asked to search the car, police said. Officers found a sandwich bag with a substance that field-tested positive for marijuana and a black and silver BB gun in the glove box of the car, police said.
The license plate on the car was also determined to belong on a different car, police said.
Sparks was charged with driving with a suspended license, driving without insurance, failure to illuminate the back license plate, driving an unregistered car and carrying a weapon in a car. He was held on $1,000 bond and given a court date of Jan. 27.
- 1 Fairfield Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bridgeport Woman Charged In Fight With Roommate In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Fairfield With Snow, Ice Arriving