Police Chief Continues Investigation Into Bomb Threat At Fairfield Warde

  • Comment
Photo Credit: Alissa Smith

FAIRFIELD, Conn. – The Fairfield Police Department determined that a bomb threat written on a desk at Fairfield Warde High School was not credible but are continuing an investigation into the incident, the police chief said. 

After school ended Thursday, Fairfield police were called to Fairfield Warde on a report that a bomb threat was written on a desk in the school. Police said the note on the desk said, “Going to bomb school" with date of Friday, May 9, written next to it.

When local officers and State Police arrived at Fairfield Warde, Police Chief Gary MacNamara said first responders took steps to ensure that the school was safe.

After a search of the school building, officers determined the threat was not credible and that no bomb had been found inside the school, he said.

“This was specific to Warde High School,” MacNamara said. Parents to all Fairfield public school students were notified of the situation after the investigation, he said.

After the investigation determined there were no dangers, the Fairfield school district decided to keep all schools open Friday.

“This is still ongoing,” MacNamara said of the investigation. “We’re trying to determine who wrote the note.”

MacNamara said he hopes any student who knows anything about the note would contact the department. He would like to determine who wrote the note and why they wrote the note.

With a number of recent bomb threats in the area, including one at Stratford High School earlier this month and at the Home Depot in Fairfield on Thursday, police are taking every threat very seriously, MacNamara said.

Even though the threat Thursday afternoon at Warde was “less than credible,” MacNamara said, “We have to take the steps and investigate and ensure the safety of the school.”

Anyone with information regarding the threat is asked to call the police department at 203-254-4800.

  • Comment

Comments