FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A young man and woman from Newtown were arrested after fighting while parked in the Veterans Park parking lot Sunday afternoon after a day at the beach, Fairfield police said.
Two witnesses called police to report a man hitting a woman in the face in the parking lot, the police report said.
According to the police report, Newtown residents Jacob Ball, 18, and Carly Iwanicki, 20, had been in Fairfield earlier that day to go to the beach.
They began arguing in the car, with both shoving each other and Ball hitting Iwanicki in the face several times, police said.
The two told officers that nothing was wrong and despite visible injuries to Iwanicki’s face, said that it had been a “little argument,” police said.
Both appeared to be intoxicated, police said. They admitted to drinking alcohol while at the beach, police said.
Ball and Iwanicki were each charged with second-degree breach of peace. Police also charged Ball with third-degree assault.
Iwanicki was released on a written promise to appear in court June 2. Ball was held on $5,000 bond with a court date of June 2.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Fairfield Skies On Sunday
- 2 Bridgeport House Painter Charged In Burglary Of Fairfield Home
- 3 Fairfield Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 4 Nor'easter To Impact Fairfield On Wednesday
- 5 Fairfield Police Chief MacNamara Injured After Squad Car Is Rear-Ended