FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A local man was charged with assault and threatening after he was in a physical fight with a female family member Saturday afternoon, Fairfield police said.
The victim called police and said John Bambus, 37, had threatened to kill her after injuring her, the police report said.
When officers arrived at the home, they saw visible injuries on the woman and attempted to contact Bambus, police said. The police report did not detail the nature of the injuries.
Bambus returned to the house and initially denied the accusations before being taken to police headquarters, police said.
He was charged with disorderly conduct, third-degree assault and second-degree threatening. He was held on $25,000 bond with a court date of March 3.
The outcome of the court appearance was not known.
- 1 Police: Fairfield Dad Drove Drunk After Taking His Kids Sledding
- 2 7 Fairfield Elementary Schools Listed Among Top 100 In State
- 3 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Fairfield
- 4 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 5 Fairfield Roads Remain Closed For Nonessential Travel Due To Snow, Wind