FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A local man was charged with assault and threatening after he was in a physical fight with a female family member Saturday afternoon, Fairfield police said.
The victim called police and said John Bambus, 37, had threatened to kill her after injuring her, the police report said.
When officers arrived at the home, they saw visible injuries on the woman and attempted to contact Bambus, police said. The police report did not detail the nature of the injuries.
Bambus returned to the house and initially denied the accusations before being taken to police headquarters, police said.
He was charged with disorderly conduct, third-degree assault and second-degree threatening. He was held on $25,000 bond with a court date of March 3.
The outcome of the court appearance was not known.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Police Track Down Suspect After Southport Residents Interrupt Home Burglary
- 3 Fairfield Appoints Committee To Investigate Election Day Mishaps
- 4 Fairfield Man Sentenced 18 Months In Prison For Tax Evasion
- 5 Happy Birthday To Fairfield’s Tina Weymouth