FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A Fairfield man was charged with breach of peace after one was punched during a road rage incident on Black Rock Turnpike late Tuesday, Fairfield police said.
According to the police report the victim was driving behind Jason Oliveira, 33, when he almost caused her to rear-end the other car while he was "break-checking" her at Black Rock Turnpike and Stillson Road.
The victim told police that she got out of her car to speak with Oliveira about his actions when he punched her in the face, called her a racial slur and drove off, police said.
When officers arrived, the victim had a bloody lip and refused medical treatment, police said. Officers contacted Oliveira about the incident and he told them that the victim came to his window yelling "vulgarities" at him, police said. When he rolled down his window, she put her head inside, he told officers. He says he then pushed the victim's face with this left hand, the police report said. Officers found a small bruise on his left finger.
Oliveira was charged with second-degree breach of peace. He was also charged with intimidation based on bias or bigotry and third-degree assault. He was taken into custody, released after posting $10,000 bond and given a court date of Feb. 12.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 3 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 4 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Dies Of Injuries
- 5 Mill Plain Road Railroad Overpass In Fairfield Closed, Hit By Truck