FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Fairfield man was charged with carrying a pistol while intoxicated during a fight with his son and wife Sunday evening, police said.
Police said they received reports that Shawn Fultz, 41, of Reid Street was in a heated verbal argument with his wife Sunday evening. Family members also told officers he had been wrestling with his 14-year-old son at times during the day, and had become increasingly aggressive, according to police reports.
During interviews, police said they found that Fultz had been drinking alcohol while on prescription medication. He also told officers he had been wearing his pistol throughout the day, police said. The handgun and other weapons in the home were seized until after Fultz’s court appearance, according to the arrest report.
Fultz was charged with disorderly conduct, carrying a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and risk of injury to a minor. He was released after posting a $25,000 bond, and was scheduled to appear in court Monday morning.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Fairfield's Maisel Family Holds Memorial Service For Missing Son, Max
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Injured Driver Pulled From Early Morning Wreck In Fairfield
- 5 Police: Fairfield Man Charged With Assaulting Mother's Boyfriend, 66