FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Break-ins were reported at two hair salons in Southport last week, Fairfield police said.
The break-ins occurred between Thursday and Saturday morning, police said.
On Saturday morning, the manager of Arthur’s of Southport on Old Post Road reported that the door was found forced open and money was missing from the salon, police said.
When the salon closed Friday night, $300 to $ 400 in cash had been left in the register, the manager told police. There was damage to the front door frame and the money was missing from the register, police said.
Later Saturday, the owner of Grace Salon on Pequot Avenue told police the front door to the salon had also been forced open.
The owner said she had locked up Thursday night and had been closed Friday, police said. When she returned late Saturday morning, she found the door pried open and money missing from the register, police said.
Fresh pry marks were found in the door frames at each salon, police said.
The investigations were continuing into both incidents, police said.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Fairfield Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 4 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 5 Ranking Of Fairfield Warde High Among Best Schools Tops Week’s News