FAIRFIELD, Conn. - On the Fourth of July, Fairfield police were called to the Edge Fitness Club on Kings Highway Cutoff after two cars were broken into in the parking lot, police said.
A club employee called police to report the break-ins. One car had a window broken, and $500 in Michael Kors wallet and purses, a $200 white iPhone 5 and case, a Coach ID holder and the victim's driver's licenses and debit and credit cards, which were canceled immediately, were reported taken, police said. Police estimated the damage to the window at $400.
The second car had been left unlocked, and the victim reported that $40 in cash, credit cards and a friend's debit card were taken, police said. The debit card had been used at the nearby CVC Pharmacy in the short time before the thefts were reported, police said.
According to employees at the Edge, both cars were in an area of the parking lot that did not have video surveillance. Police were investigating.
Car break-ins were reported earlier this year in the parking lot at the Edge Fitness Club, police said.
- 1 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 4 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 5 Fairfield Could See Storms As Weekend Wraps Up