FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield police were investigating a 16-year-old girl's report that a man tried to abduct her near the Fairfield University campus on Thursday evening, according to CT Post.
The girl's mother alerted police when she received text messages at about 8:30 p.m. from her daughter, saying that she was scared, according to the article.
The teen was found on the Fairfield University campus near the lacrosse field, where she told authorities that she was held for an hour by a man in black with a ski mask who told her to cut herself with a razor blade, according to the article.
A search was reportedly unsuccessful and authorities are attempting to confirm the teen's claims.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Woman Killed By Amtrak Train In Milford
- 4 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire