FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield police were investigating a 16-year-old girl's report that a man tried to abduct her near the Fairfield University campus on Thursday evening, according to CT Post.
The girl's mother alerted police when she received text messages at about 8:30 p.m. from her daughter, saying that she was scared, according to the article.
The teen was found on the Fairfield University campus near the lacrosse field, where she told authorities that she was held for an hour by a man in black with a ski mask who told her to cut herself with a razor blade, according to the article.
A search was reportedly unsuccessful and authorities are attempting to confirm the teen's claims.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 3 Norwalk-Based Soccer Team Plays In Quarterfinals Of U.S. Tourney
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Fairfield
- 5 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place