FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield police were investigating a 16-year-old girl's report that a man tried to abduct her near the Fairfield University campus on Thursday evening, according to CT Post.
The girl's mother alerted police when she received text messages at about 8:30 p.m. from her daughter, saying that she was scared, according to the article.
The teen was found on the Fairfield University campus near the lacrosse field, where she told authorities that she was held for an hour by a man in black with a ski mask who told her to cut herself with a razor blade, according to the article.
A search was reportedly unsuccessful and authorities are attempting to confirm the teen's claims.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Dies Of Injuries
- 3 Mill Plain Road Railroad Overpass In Fairfield Closed, Hit By Truck
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy