FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Police were called to the Fairfield Inn on Friday morning after receiving a call from the hotel about a loud fight in one of the rooms.
When officers arrived, they found the girlfriend who had been involved in the fight, but the boyfriend had left, police said.
According to police, the woman told officers that she and Matthew Purdie, 27, of Bridgeport, had gotten into a fight because he believed she was being unfaithful. She said there had been pushing, shoving and a loud argument, police said.
Fairfield officers contacted Bridgeport police for assistance if Purdie had returned to his home. Shortly thereafter, Bridgeport officers reported that they had Purdie in custody after stopping him at Reservoir Avenue, police said.
Purdie was charged in Fairfield with second-degree breach of peace and released him into the custody of Bridgeport police on a warrant.
Purdie was due in court on May 5. No information was available regarding his court appearance.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Fairfield Kids Honored For Beach Cleanup In The Community
- 5 Death Of Fairfield Woman Who Was Hit By Bike Tops Week’s News