FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Police were called to the Fairfield Inn on Friday morning after receiving a call from the hotel about a loud fight in one of the rooms.
When officers arrived, they found the girlfriend who had been involved in the fight, but the boyfriend had left, police said.
According to police, the woman told officers that she and Matthew Purdie, 27, of Bridgeport, had gotten into a fight because he believed she was being unfaithful. She said there had been pushing, shoving and a loud argument, police said.
Fairfield officers contacted Bridgeport police for assistance if Purdie had returned to his home. Shortly thereafter, Bridgeport officers reported that they had Purdie in custody after stopping him at Reservoir Avenue, police said.
Purdie was charged in Fairfield with second-degree breach of peace and released him into the custody of Bridgeport police on a warrant.
Purdie was due in court on May 5. No information was available regarding his court appearance.
- 1 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 4 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 5 Fairfield Could See Storms As Weekend Wraps Up