FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Fairfield police and fire investigators are looking into a car fire outside a Melville Drive home Tuesday afternoon that showed signs it was set intentionally.
Fairfield firefighters received a call of a fire in the passenger area of a Honda Civic at about 2:45 p.m. Tuesday. The car was unregistered and had not been driven in a long time, according to police reports. No one was injured in the fire.
Investigators found several open bottles of lighter fluid on the floor of the car and the car had a strong smell of lighter fluid inside, police say.
A 23-year-old Fairfield man had been arrested at the same address Monday evening and charged with criminal mischief and disorderly conduct relating to a domestic violence incident, according to police reports. Police were unable to find him for questioning Tuesday.
- 1 Easton Couple Charged With Running Prescription Drug Ring In Fairfield
- 2 Jill Garber (Bonauito), 34, Of Fairfield
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Report Says
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Surge Of Warm Weather Heads For Fairfield