FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Three recent college graduates were charged with reckless burning after starting a bonfire with furniture at their Fairfield Beach Road house, according to police reports.
Fairfield Beach Road neighbors called police to report a large party at the house Wednesday night. Before police arrived, a second call came in reporting that a large bonfire had been started in the home’s back yard, police say.
The bonfire consisted of pieces of furniture that had been doused in gasoline and set ablaze, according to the police report. The three residents said it was their last day in the house and they were burning the furniture they were not taking with them, police say.
A 22-year-old Seymour resident, a 21-year-old resident of Hollister, Mass., resident and a 21-year-old resident of Chincoteague, Va., were each charged with reckless burning and breach of peace. Each was released after posting $300 bond. All are due in court June 10.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.