Contact Us
Fairfield Daily Voice serves Fairfield & Southport
Return to your home site


Fairfield Daily Voice serves Fairfield & Southport

Nearby Towns

Breaking News: Black Ice Advisory Issued For Melting Snow Refreezing
police & fire

Propane Heater Blamed For Fatal Fire In Shelton Mobile Home

Shelton Fire Department
Shelton Fire Department Photo Credit: Shelton Fire Department

SHELTON, Conn. — A portable propane heater is the likely cause of a fire in a Shelton mobile home that left an elderly man dead on Friday, according to the Valley Independent Sentinel.

Before completing the investigation, the fire marshal is awaiting a ruling from the medical examiner on the cause of death of 75-year-old Richard Kowalsky, the Valley Independent Sentinel said.

The fire began at 5:45 p.m. Friday in the rear bedroom of the mobile home at 35 Hemlock Drive in the Fairchild Mobile Home Park.

When they arrived, firefighters found the rear of mobile home fully engulfed in flames, fire officials said. Firefighters had the blaze under control within 30 minutes.

Kowalsky was found dead in the rear bedroom after the fire was extinguished, fire officials said.

Click here for the story at the Valley Independent Sentinel.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Fairfield Daily Voice!

Serves Fairfield & Southport

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.