Road Fire Being Investigated By Fairfield Police

  • Comment
Photo Credit: Alissa Smith, file photo

FAIRFIELD, Conn. --The Fairfield Fire Department was called to a home in the 200 block of Old Academy Road Thursday night to investigate a report of a fire in the middle of the road. 

When the firefighters arrived on the scene, they found that the fire, which had been caused by a broken glass bottle that had been filled with gasoline, had extinguished itself.

The resident who contacted emergency services told police that he had seen a car drive by shortly before the fire started, but was unable to give any description of the car.

He told police that the bottle had been thrown out of the car into the woods near his house. 

No structures or houses were near where the bottle landed, police say, but they are investigating.

  • Comment

Comments

In Other News

Police & Fire

Two Face Multiple Charges After Traffic Stop In Fairfield

Sports

Former Westport Basketball Star Transferring To Duke

Police & Fire

White Van Spotted Near Wilton School, Police Say

Obituaries

Elizabeth T. Bok, 95, Lifelong Fairfield Resident

Obituaries

Katherine Michelin, 88, Retired From United Home Care In Fairfield

Obituaries

James J. Mead, 89, Of Fairfield