FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Stamford man was charged with trying to blackmail his ex-girlfriend and threatening her family while she was at work in Fairfield, police say.
Clive Haynes, 29, of Cowing Court in Stamford was arrested at his home Monday by Fairfield Police, according to the arrest report.
The woman told police that she had been receiving harassing text messages and phone calls from Haynes since their relationship ended earlier this fall, according to police reports. On Monday, the suspect demanded a “minimal amount of money” and threatened to kill her family and release photos of her on the Internet, police say.
Haynes was charged with attempted first-degree larceny, a felony, second-degree harassment and second-degree threatening, both misdemeanors. He was released after posting a $25,000 bond and was scheduled to appear in court Tuesday.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Dies Of Injuries
- 2 Mill Plain Road Railroad Overpass In Fairfield Closed, Hit By Truck
- 3 Fairfield Man Committed After Dousing Himself, Home In Gasoline
- 4 Ranking Of Fairfield Warde High Among Best Schools Tops Week’s News
- 5 Foundation Changes Name, Redesigns Logo To Focus On Fairfield County