FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Stamford man was charged with trying to blackmail his ex-girlfriend and threatening her family while she was at work in Fairfield, police say.
Clive Haynes, 29, of Cowing Court in Stamford was arrested at his home Monday by Fairfield Police, according to the arrest report.
The woman told police that she had been receiving harassing text messages and phone calls from Haynes since their relationship ended earlier this fall, according to police reports. On Monday, the suspect demanded a “minimal amount of money” and threatened to kill her family and release photos of her on the Internet, police say.
Haynes was charged with attempted first-degree larceny, a felony, second-degree harassment and second-degree threatening, both misdemeanors. He was released after posting a $25,000 bond and was scheduled to appear in court Tuesday.
- 1 Fairfield Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow