FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Stamford man was charged with trying to blackmail his ex-girlfriend and threatening her family while she was at work in Fairfield, police say.
Clive Haynes, 29, of Cowing Court in Stamford was arrested at his home Monday by Fairfield Police, according to the arrest report.
The woman told police that she had been receiving harassing text messages and phone calls from Haynes since their relationship ended earlier this fall, according to police reports. On Monday, the suspect demanded a “minimal amount of money” and threatened to kill her family and release photos of her on the Internet, police say.
Haynes was charged with attempted first-degree larceny, a felony, second-degree harassment and second-degree threatening, both misdemeanors. He was released after posting a $25,000 bond and was scheduled to appear in court Tuesday.
- 1 Fairfield Student Reported Missing At Rochester Institute Of Technology
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Police: Fairfield Woman Who Crashed Car Into Garage Was Drunk
- 4 Report Says 10 Arrests Were Made At Fairfield Schools In 2013
- 5 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield