STAMFORD, Conn. -- A 29-year-old Stamford man has been charged with murder in the death of a cab driver who was found stabbed in the in a yard in the city's Westover neighborhood Wednesday morning, police said Thursday.
Shota Mekoshvili, 29, of 1462 Summer St., is also charged with second-degree hindering prosecution, police said.
Mahomed Kamal, 47, was found on the lawn of 150 Doolittle Road in Stamford at about 8:30 a.m. by landscapers, police said. The area is close to the Den Road exit on the the Merritt Parkway.
Kamal was pronounced dead at the scene. Police said there was a struggle both inside and outside the cab and that Kamal suffered several stab wounds. The cab was found in a wooded area nearby. Police said the knife has not been found, and they are looking for a suspect.
Kamal worked for Stamford Taxi. His death shocked other cab drivers in the city. Read more from them here in the Daily Voice.
- 1 Christmas Eve Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light
- 5 Two Bridgeport Men Plead Guilty To Robbery Spree In Fairfield