FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Fairfield Police arrested a Pennsylvania woman in connection with a 2008 robbery at Fairfield Center Jewelers, according to police reports.
On Sept. 8, 2008, a man and a woman entered the Post Road jewelry store and asked to see a diamond ring while being helped by the store’s owner and an employee. When the owner stepped away, the suspects sprayed pepper spray into the employee’s face and ran out of the store, according to police reports. They took the diamond ring, valued at more than $22,000, police said.
Police traced fingerprints found at the scene to Bianca Serber, 33, of Rosemont, Pa., according to police reports. Serber, who was on probation at the time of the incident, had been in police custody in Pennsylvania since being identified as a suspect in 2009, police said. She had violated her probation by traveling to Connecticut. She was extradited to Connecticut on Thursday.
Serber was charged with conspiracy to commit first-degree robbery, first-degree larceny and second-degree assault, all felonies. She was held in lieu of a $250,000 bond, and is due in court Feb. 7.
- 1 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 5 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders