FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Bridgeport man was charged with fighting a 60-year-old man over use of a supermarket bottle return, according to Fairfield police reports.
The incident occurred at the Super Stop & Shop on Villa Avenue on Thursday morning, according to police reports. Two men got into an argument in the store’s bottle return area over who had arrived first and could use a machine, police say.
Verrol Clarke, 42, of Bridgeport punched the other man in the face during the argument, according to police reports. The victim, a 60-year-old man, declined medical attention at the scene, police said.
When police arrived, Clarke resisted arrest and refused to provide his real name and date of birth, police say. When taken to police headquarters, Clarke refused to be fingerprinted as well, according to the arrest report.
Clarke was charged with a breach of the peace and third-degree assault on an elderly person, as well as interfering with an officer and refusal to be fingerprinted. He was released on $1,000 bond and is due in court July 10.
- 1 Fairfield Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bridgeport Woman Charged In Fight With Roommate In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Fairfield With Snow, Ice Arriving