FAIRFIELD, Conn. — The northbound side of Interstate 95 was bumper-to-bumper near the Fairfield rest stop Saturday afternoon, police said.
"It's barely open, one lane in every direction, the ramps haven't been plowed yet," a state police officer said late Saturday afternoon.
"It's a mess. The backup on 95 in Fairfield is for miles. People should not be on the roads. If they are stuck, they will be out there for hours," the officer said.
The traffic jammed the highway Saturday afternoon despite Gov. Dannel Malloy's ban on travel statewide.
- 1 Christmas Eve Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Two Bridgeport Men Plead Guilty To Robbery Spree In Fairfield