FAIRFIELD, Conn. — The northbound side of Interstate 95 was bumper-to-bumper near the Fairfield rest stop Saturday afternoon, police said.
"It's barely open, one lane in every direction, the ramps haven't been plowed yet," a state police officer said late Saturday afternoon.
"It's a mess. The backup on 95 in Fairfield is for miles. People should not be on the roads. If they are stuck, they will be out there for hours," the officer said.
The traffic jammed the highway Saturday afternoon despite Gov. Dannel Malloy's ban on travel statewide.
- 1 Fairfield Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bridgeport Woman Charged In Fight With Roommate In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Fairfield With Snow, Ice Arriving