FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Two Fairfield women were arrested in separate incidents Sunday and charged with stealing makeup from the Super Stop & Shop on Villa Avenue in Fairfield, police said.
Officers were called to the grocery store at 5:40 p.m. after loss prevention stopped Alissa Savage, 22, of Fairfield, from leaving the store, police said. She had gone to the checkout and paid for items in her cart but failed to pay for $60 worth of cosmetics that she had in her purse, police said.
Savage was charged with sixth-degree larceny and released at the scene on a promise to appear in court March 19.
At 7:30 p.m., officers arrested Tiffany Bertanza, 30, of Fairfield, after loss prevention saw her replace the price tags on several items and then purchase them at the lower prices, police said.
She took price tags listed at $13.80 and placed them on three items valued at $29 each, for a total theft of more than $45, police said.
Bertanza was charged with sixth-degree larceny and also released on a promise to appear in court March 19.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Police Track Down Suspect After Southport Residents Interrupt Home Burglary
- 3 Fairfield Appoints Committee To Investigate Election Day Mishaps
- 4 Fairfield Man Sentenced 18 Months In Prison For Tax Evasion
- 5 Happy Birthday To Fairfield’s Tina Weymouth