FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield police arrested two local men Saturday morning, March 29, after officers saw two cars racing down Kings Highway in the pouring rain.
According to the report, the two men, who had never met before, began racing after the traffic light at Kings Highway and Jennings Road turned green. They were driving faster than 50 mph, the report said.
When they were stopped by police, officers found a 2-year-old child and a 4-month-old in the back seat of a red Scion being driven by Hamza Malick, 27, of Fairfield.
Malick was taken into custody, and the Department of Children and Families was informed of the incident. He was charged with reckless driving and risk of injury to a minor. He was released on a promise to appear in court on Monday, April 7.
The other driver, Gabriel Jorquera, 20, of Fairfield, was charged with reckless driving and released on a promise to appear in court on Tuesday, April 8.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Fairfield Skies On Sunday
- 2 Bridgeport House Painter Charged In Burglary Of Fairfield Home
- 3 Renovations At Fairfield Ludlowe Will Cost More Than Expected
- 4 Fairfield Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Fairfield Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend