WESTPORT, Conn. — A 29-year-old Fairfield man was charged with reckless endangerment in connection with the removal of an underground gasoline storage tank at his family-run business in Westport, police said.
Giuseppe D. Boccanfuso, of Boccanfuso Brothers at 940 Post Road E., is accused of having the underground tank removed last April without first receiving the required permission, police said. He turned himself to police Monday.
In addition to first-degree reckless endangerment, a misdemeanor, Boccanfuso was charged with failure to abate a fire hazard, also a misdemeanor. He was released on a promise to appear at Norwalk Superior Court on March 13.
The Westport Fire Department and the Office of the State Fire Marshal assisted in the investigation, police said.
- 1 Fairfield Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Fairfield Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Fairfield; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Fairfield Roads Remain Closed For Nonessential Travel Due To Snow, Wind