WESTPORT, Conn. -- A 49-year-old Fairfield homeowner who tried to break up a loud party in his neighborhood early Sunday was arrested after getting into a fight and threatening the guests, Westport police said.
Officers from Fairfield and Westport responded to the area of Sturges Highway and Dawn Drive on a report of a disturbance at about 3 a.m. Sunday, July 5, police said.
When they arrived, officers were told that a man was unhappy about a loud party at a home near his, police said.
The man, identified as Stephen Rose, got into a physical altercation with the homeowner of the house where the party was taking place and threatened other guests as they were leaving, police said.
Rose, who lives at 886 Sturges Highway in Fairfield, was arrested and charged with threatening, fourth-degree criminal mischief and breach of peace.
Rose was released after posting $1,500 bond and is scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on July 16.
- 1 Police: Fairfield Woman Who Crashed Car Into Garage Was Drunk
- 2 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 United Illuminating, Fairfield's Power Supplier, Sold To Spanish Firm
- 5 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks