WESTPORT, Conn. -- A 49-year-old Fairfield homeowner who tried to break up a loud party in his neighborhood early Sunday was arrested after getting into a fight and threatening the guests, Westport police said.
Officers from Fairfield and Westport responded to the area of Sturges Highway and Dawn Drive on a report of a disturbance at about 3 a.m. Sunday, July 5, police said.
When they arrived, officers were told that a man was unhappy about a loud party at a home near his, police said.
The man, identified as Stephen Rose, got into a physical altercation with the homeowner of the house where the party was taking place and threatened other guests as they were leaving, police said.
Rose, who lives at 886 Sturges Highway in Fairfield, was arrested and charged with threatening, fourth-degree criminal mischief and breach of peace.
Rose was released after posting $1,500 bond and is scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on July 16.
- 1 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 2 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 3 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 4 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 5 Fairfield's Plan B Burger Is Finally Ready To Open Its Doors