FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A Fairfield woman who called 911 saying she had been injured in a fight ended up being arrested on charges of pointing a gun at a friend, police said.
A fight had turned physical between two women at a mutual friend's home on Berwick Avenue.
According to the police report, Michele Thomas, 52, of Fairfield, said a verbal argument had turned physical, with biting and hair-pulling.
During the argument, Thomas threw a box of guns onto the floor of the mutual friend's house and pointed a rifle at the female friend's stomach, police said.
The 52-year-old victim told officers she wasn't sure whether the gun was loaded but said Thomas' finger was on the trigger, police said.
Both women were taken to the hospital to be treated for injuries sustained during the fight, police said. Thomas was taken by ambulance, police said.
Thomas was charged with disorderly conduct, third-degree assault, second-degree threatening, and first-degree reckless endangerment. She was released to the hospital with a promise to appear in court April 16.
- 1 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 2 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 5 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders