WESTPORT, Conn. — A 57-year-old Fairfield woman was arrested Tuesday and charged with drunken driving after police received a complaint from the Alex and Ani store, police said.
Officers were called to the store, located at 117 Post Road E., on Tuesday afternoon on a report of an intoxicated woman, police said. When officers arrived, they were informed by store employees that the woman was in a vehicle headed westbound on Post Road East, police said. A description of the vehicle and the license plate number were provided to all patrol officers.
The vehicle was located and stopped in the area of Post Road and Bulkley Avenue, the police report said. The driver, identified as Charrise Weason, spoke slowly and was at times “unintelligible,” police said. When she stepped out of the car, Weason was unsteady on her feet, police said.
Weason failed roadside sobriety tests and was taken into custody. While being processed at police headquarters, officers discovered a Hydrcone pill loose in her purse and not in the proper container, the report said. In addition to driving under the influence of alcohol, she was charged with possession of a controlled substance and failure to keep narcotics in the original container.
Weason was released after posting $1,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court on April 4.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Gas Station Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Help ID'ing Suspect
- 4 Police Investigate Possible Armed Robbery At Fairfield Ice Cream Shop
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Fairfield